Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Partition Recovery

Hidden Partition Recovery

Hi!
    Sorry for my bad English.
    I would know if there is on the net the image of the initial status backup! I can't find it on my recovery partition, and the samsung recovery solution said that there isn't nothing to restore.
    Thanks a lot

MarkCor - Welcome to the forum

An image would unfortunately infringe the copyright.
    You don't say which machine you have. If it is an NC10 the OS media is supplied on a CD with the machine.

Are you sure that the recovery partition is missing or empty? You can look inside the recovery partition after unhiding it with Easus Partition Master or maybe the MBR is corrupted which will need fixing if the F4 at boot does not function.

Hope this helps
    2x Black NC10's (1x hsdpa) 2 GB + Win 7 and XP dual boot + UNR & Chrome OS, Nokia Lumia 920 WP8 on 4G

Hi..thanks for your reply.
    I've a NC10 netbook. In the partition there are some folders: Boot, Efi, Restore, Sources, Winclon.
    In Restore there is another folder "Windows" and in which I can find i think all the files to repair windows.
    But samsung recovery solution say that there aren't backup.

I think that the MBR is corrupted because I had installed ubuntu with Wubi, and after the update to the last version it daesn't work!

mmm Are you sure that the cd is supplied with the machine? :-) ! I have to looking for it!

[quote1274736340=MarkCor]
    Hi..thanks for your reply.
    I've a NC10 netbook. In the partition there are some folders: Boot, Efi, Restore, Sources, Winclon.
    In Restore there is another folder "Windows" and in which I can find i think all the files to repair windows.
    But samsung recovery solution say that there aren't backup.[/quote1274736340]The backup files are init.wcl (about 2.2GB) and init.woo, both in the root directory of the Recovery Partition.
    I think that the MBR is corrupted because I had installed ubuntu with Wubi, and after the update to the last version it daesn't work!
    THe MBR can be fixed with the Admin Tool, see this thread
    This thread may also help plus this one as well.
    mmm Are you sure that the cd is supplied with the machine? :-) ! I have to looking for it!
    It was with our NC10's but maybe the newer NC10's are not supplied with it.

Hope this helps
    2x Black NC10's (1x hsdpa) 2 GB + Win 7 and XP dual boot + UNR & Chrome OS, Nokia Lumia 920 WP8 on 4G

That's right! But init.wcl and and init.woo aren't in the partition!!
    Now I will look for the other thread! Thanks a lot

ah...and even if I try to make the complete backup, the PC restart without do anything

hello i have Samsung N310. there is recovery partition. when I press F4 key in the start up. Recovery system does not boots. what could be possibly wrong. I have check that it contains files. it is a 15 GB partition with 10GB used. PLease hlp

Thnks in Advnc

Same problem here: installed Ubuntu 10.10 on my brand new NF310, in my case it seems that the GRUB2 set-up makes the F4 function key not working anymore at bootup.

Now I removed Ubuntu, deleted its 2 partitions (root and swap), reinstalled the "standard" Windows 7 bootloader to the MBR (via EasyBCD2): Windows 7 boots correctly, but F4 doesn't work, and even launching Samsung Recovery solution 5 from within Win7 I get the following message (translated from Italian, maybe the English version is a little different...): "Restore area of the computer not found. Program will be terminated"

But the "SAMSUNG_REC" partition has not been touched, I can see it with Easeus Partition Master, here it is a screenshot:

http://i52.tinypic.com/ilhetz.jpg

So maybe Samsung is using a different way to write to the MBR in order to boot to the restore area?

Any hint is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by SergioA View Post
    Any hint is greatly appreciated!
    Ok, let's go for a self reply!

My problem (to resume SAMSUNG_REC partition still present but not "linked" at boot with F4) has been solved as follows (taking hints from a lot of useful information on this great forum):

- install the free program EASEUS Partition Master
    - with EASEUS Partition Master give a drive letter (mine was E) to the SAMSUNG_REC partition, so to make it visible in Windows 7
    - open the new E drive and navigate to WinClon/Admin/Setup; in Tools launch "RecoverySettings5.exe" and then in WinUI launch "Samsung Recovery Solution 5.exe"
    - when SRS5 is launched, it automatically (or automagically...) resets the master boot record (or some other magic stuff) so that the F4 key at bootup comes back to life ;-)
    - to tell the truth I also messed up with some other exe files "around" the SAMSUNG_REC drive, but I think the clue is to launch SRS5 so that it can restore its settings to make the F4 key work again (at the same time the drive letter is deleted and the partition becomes invisible to Win7, with no need to use EASEUS again)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SergioA View Post
    Ok, let's go for a self reply!

My problem (to resume SAMSUNG_REC partition still present but not "linked" at boot with F4) has been solved as follows (taking hints from a lot of useful information on this great forum):
    This works also for notebook rc730. Thank you SergioA
    Have you reinstalled ubuntu on your notebook?