Thread: N150 - Fast Boot password?

N150 - Fast Boot password?

Hi,
    just acquired an N150 - really pleased with it, however I'm a bit concerned about the Samsung Fast Boot option - it works really well and brings the machine up in a couple of seconds, but it restores it back to exactly the same state it was in - and there doesn't appear to any way to encourage it to ask for a password.
    So if (for example), I'm working away and put the manchine to sleep using the function key combination, when I switch back on, I'm straight back to my previous screen -great apart from if the machine gets stolen - the thief then has direct access to all of my files, simply by flicking the power switch - far from secure.....
    I can obviously lock the session before putting it to sleep, but just wondered if anyone knows a way round this (standard windows options to "require a password" on wake-up in the Power settings are greyed out). I thought that adding a bios password may help, but it fast boot doesn't touch the bios, so that's no use either....

Please ignore me (must be having a 'thick' day) - just spotted the "Change setting that are currently unavailable" option in the power settings - that has allowed me to change the samsung optimized power plan to 'require a password' on wake - all now feels much safer